mandag den 30. april 2012

Mid-exam getaway

Come the end of semester and it is exam time. Since the administration placed my exams in an unfortunately manner, with 4 written finals and 2 group papers due within the 17th to the 25th of April and one single final on May 7th, I opted for a week of travel in South-East Asia in between.

Flying out of Hong Kong the day after my Chinese final, on the 26th in morning, I booked a return ticket to Ho Chi Minh City on May 3rd, giving me 7 days abroad and 3 days to study for the final. Since I was short on time, I booked the ticket without travel companions to not waste time, as most other GLOBErs either were done with finals and had planned a much longer trip or still had exams to come. Coincidentally, a large group of GLOBErs were flying into Ho Chi Minh City from Hanoi the same day, so I decided to latch onto their plans as much as possible.

Arriving in Ho Chi Minh City on the 26th in the afternoon, we planned to stay there till the 28th in the morning, where a coach would take us to Phnom Penh, the capitol of the Cambodia some 6 hours away. Spending a day and a half there, we would continue up north on the 29th in the evening towards Siem Reap, the gateway town to Angkor Wat. We would spend 2 days here, but while the group then heads towards Myanmar from the Siem Reap airport on the morning of the 2nd, I take a night bus back down to Phnom Penh the evening before, and make my way back to Ho Chi Minh City by myself. Then reality returns, and it is econometrics galore before my time in Hong Kong slowly draws to an end. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar